Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) Released – Download Links and Installation Guide
So, Finally Ubuntu has launched its veriosn 14.04 code named “Trust Tahr” with Long Term Support.
Ubuntu release its LTS version within every two years and get 5 years support. With its LTS release it get wider apoption from business side as compared to its less stable Server and Desktop releases which got released every six months.
There are some noticeable changes which are highlighted below.
- stable version which have lots of updates in many technologies supports more devices, better power management and performance. For all changes have a look on Linux 3.13
- based on Unity
- default web browser
- for office suite
- for E-mail client
- default music player.
- Option for
- Good improvement in display.
- Windows have corner.
- Have new Status menu on top menu bar.
- For Guest Session, you will get warning message
Use following download links to get the latest .
Here, we’ll follow simple steps to install newly released “ ” Desktop version.
1.) Boot your system with Ubuntu 14.04 Installation Live CD/DVD or ISO.
2. You may visit selecting ‘‘ else Select ‘ ‘ to install on computer.
3. Prepare to install . You can select mentioned both the options if you have internet connectivity in your system. (Keep system up to date during installation.)
4. Next is your Installation type. You can select any option as per your requirements and convenience We are selecting here ‘ . Choose Installation type “ ” to create partitions manually. Please note these options are for advanced users.‘ as we don’t have other Operating system installed. You can select “ ” this will setup
5. Find out your .
6. Next, Choose your layout.
7. Fill up all information required for creating credentials
8. All done its time sit back and have some coffee as Installation is going to take some time J. installation started….
9. Few more screen shot with useful information during installation time .
12. . Install, and Enjoy exploring new nothing with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS J.